O’Neill & Brennan are proud to have signed up to the Disability Confident Commitment pledge for the next 12 months.
As a result of our commitment to this cause, we will undertake the following steps;
- When recruiting internally or putting candidates forward for roles, we will consider if adjustments can be made to assist someone with a disability get a job.
- Find out about equal opportunities policies of the clients we work alongside and discuss with them potential opportunities for people with a disability.
- Take care of each other internally. Members of staff may have a disability that we are unaware of, and this includes mental health, so we will be supportive in making sure they have everything they need to do their job well.
- Consider advertising roles at local job centres, specifically whether someone disabled could do the job.
- Ensure that all of our job adverts and recruitment processes promote equal opportunities and all candidates are considered fairly and based on their ability to do the job.
- Look at offering paid or unpaid work experience placements within our team for a few weeks to give someone with a disability some valuable work experience.
For more information about employing people with disabilities, click here.