One of the UK`s largest main contractors is currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their growing team in the London area.
This is an ideal opportunity for a Senior Surveyor to join a company where there is a genuine opportunity to progress within the business.
- Line management and integration of new team members where appropriate
- Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
- Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team. Help ensure that business targets and KPI’s are exceeded
- Preparation of monthly cost / value reports for area, together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
- Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
- Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontractors
- Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts - monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
- Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
- Commercial and contractual advice to area team as and when required
- Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
- Carry out any other duties not identified above and as required by their manager
- To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement Kier Group's policies for risk management.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence
- Educated to Degree level, or equivalent experience
- Experience within a similar role
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
- Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
This is a great opportunity for you to work with a long standing reputable company which offers a fantastic working environment. You will have a competitive salary along with a benefits package, if you are interested in this position then please email your CV to email@example.com