Senior Design Manager – East London - £85,000 to £95,000 plus Car or Allowance, Bonus and Package.
We are recruiting for a Senior Design Manager for a leading global contractor, that has the financial security of being listed on the stock exchange.
They are an innovative and respected company that has an established client portfolio with an expanding repeat order book.
They work across all sectors of construction.
The design management on a group of projects within a region from pre-qualification to completion but with a particular emphasis on preconstruction.
Various project types across commercial, education, residential and large scale cut and carve structural projects with values ranging from five million through to eighty million. You will be offered exceptional career development and training.
- Manage and coordinate the design process at Tender, second stage and Construction Phases.
- Prepare Professional Contractors Proposals and Works Instruction Information.
- Evaluate and manage the Employer’s requirements through to project completion.
- Review and appraise Tender and second stage information for Risk and Value Engineering.
- Manage and maintain drawing/information issue and distribution systems for designers and Construction Design Packages with specialist subcontractors.
- Engage with the project team and CDM Coordinator to mitigate all health and safety risks.
- Manage the appointment of consultants and ensure that they perform in line with their scope of services.
- Develop a design programme with the consultants to meet the agreed whole life programme dates.
- Produce, create, manage and maintain designer responsibility matrices.
- Identify and manage design deficiencies, discrepancies at all stages of design development and issue reports and solutions.
- Coordinate and manage the submission of information to clear planning conditions and reserved matters.
- Collate (with the architect), coordinate and manage the submission of information to obtain building regulation approval. Deal with any resulting issues.
- Co-ordinate and manage Statutory Authority and Service Provider’s requirements for Section/Adoption agreements.
- Co-ordinate and submit information to comply with employers’ deliverables and Key Performance Indicators.
- Compile and issue Design & Build reports on a monthly basis and ensure the information is appropriately disseminated and agree with other project team members.
- Co-ordinate and agree the sign-off of Consultants’ payment requests with the Project QS.
- Ensure that performance reports are produced for each consultant at close down meetings.
- Chair and minute Design Team Meetings and Workshops.
- Will have a minimum of five years’ experience gained in Architects practice or Contractor/Developer.
- Site Experience/Project Based.
- Degree Educated.
- Knowledge of Contract Management and Contract Law.
- Will have up to date knowledge of UK building regulations and NHBC standards.
To discuss this opportunity please call 0203 854 9010 or send your CV for an immediate response.
Send your CV to email@example.com or apply or via www.oneillandbrennan.com