Senior Design Manager – London - £85,000 to £105,000 plus Car or Allowance, Bonus and Package.
Our Client, one of the UK’s most respected contractor is looking for an innovative and creative Senior Design Manager to join their growing organisation.
This contractor has experienced massive growth so far this year, which is set to continue as they are continuing to win new contracts and an ever expanding over book that is currently close to £5 billion pounds.
They have a dynamic innovative approach to construction where they pride themselves on its performance and projects delivered; they put design at the heart of the construction process and it takes precedent.
They value the relationship they have with its workers and they place a large emphasise on treating its employees with respect and encourages professional development.
- Leading up to six live projects at any time, all at various construction stages.
- Responsible for attending monthly reporting sessions.
- interrogating consultant reports.
- ensuring that the teams are all working within the intent of the design.
- £75million - £130 pound commercials projects in Central London.
- Manage and coordinate the design process at Tender, second stage and Construction Phases.
- Prepare Professional Contractors Proposals and Works Instruction Information.
- Manage and maintain drawing/information issue and distribution systems for designers and Construction Design Packages with specialist subcontractors.
- Engage with the project team and CDM Coordinator to mitigate all health and safety risks.
- Manage the appointment of consultants and ensure that they perform in line with their scope of services.
- Develop a design programme with the consultants to meet the agreed whole life programme dates.
- Produce, create, manage and maintain designer responsibility matrices.
- Identify and manage design deficiencies, discrepancies at all stages of design development and issue reports and solutions.
- Coordinate and manage the submission of information to clear planning conditions and reserved matters.
- Collate (with the architect), coordinate and manage the submission of information to obtain building regulation approval. Deal with any resulting issues.
- Compile and issue Design & Build reports on a monthly basis and ensure the information is appropriately disseminated and agree with other project team members.
- Co-ordinate and agree the sign-off of Consultants’ payment requests with the Project QS.
- Chair and minute Design Team Meetings and Workshops.
- Experience of managing teams on site.
- Multiple site/project management experience.
- Client facing experience.
- Degree Educated.
- Knowledge of Contract Management and Contract Law.
- Will have up to date knowledge of UK building regulations and NHBC standards.
To discuss this opportunity please call 020 7849 6913 or send your CV for an immediate response.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply or via www.oneillandbrennan.com