We are recruiting for a Managing Quantity Surveyor for a National Infrastructure Client with an extensive portfolio of work across South West England. The client’s team has expanded recently as a result of large scale work wins, including for Highways England, Local Authorities and Highways Maintenance.
Working on site on a flagship project, the role will require you to work with a core dedicated team; as Managing Quantity Surveyor, you will operate as the commercial lead for the scheme and be responsible for the execution of the Quantity Surveying function for the contract, fulfilling the requirements of the company in maximising quality of service and profitability.
For an initial discussion and further details please call Mark Hazelton at O’Neill and Brennan on 07780 433098 or 0117 2033457 and email your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial & Contractual –
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts by preparing detailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevant measurement standards.
- Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
- Providing detailed record and valuation of work executed with application of principles of cash maximisation and issuing of draft invoices to Sales Ledger Department and advising of agreed valuations dates.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes by agreement of subcontract valuations and completion of regular and timely payment certificates.
- Recognising and advising Site Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense by maintaining records of resource allocation including labour plant and materials and reviewing subcontract correspondence for delay and loss and/or expense claims.
- Preparation of claim documentation & information for submission to Clients/ Consultants within required timescales.
- Satisfying Client deadlines for estimates and quotations whilst applying principles of profit maximisation and protecting Companies interests.
Preparation of financial reports including:
- Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
- Provision of standard reports (as per the Quantity Surveying Procedures Manual) for all reporting tasks and providing reports in accordance the agreed times and frequency
- Provision of standard reports (as per the Quantity Surveying Procedures Manual) for all reporting tasks and providing reports in accordance the agreed times and frequency.
Experience and Qualifications:
- HNC, HND or Degree educated in Quantity Surveying (or related discipline).
- A contracting background within Civil Engineering – you must have prior experience on Highway England/region highway programmes
- A working knowledge of method of measurement for highways work is required together with experience of the NEC form of contract.
- Experience of Design and Build contracts.
- Ability to work on a National Level and as part of a multi-disciplined team.
The successful candidate will also possess excellent communication skills along with a pro-active approach to achieve pre-determined deadlines for monthly reporting on all the commercial aspects associated with the contract.
In return on offer is an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package. They will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
A leading contractor on infrastructure projects in the public and regulated sectors. From highways and rail to renewable energy and water, delivering a specialist capability from concept and design through to project implementation and maintenance.