CALL ME BACK
Your nearest office: London (HQ) | Change
Digital Engineering Manager (Building Services) - Leeds - Permanent Position
One of the UK’s leading construction companies is recruiting a Digital Engineering Manager to join their Mechanical & Electrical Services Engineering team. This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of the technical revolution sweeping through engineering and construction.
The role is based in Leeds, but will involve travel throughout the UK on a regular basis. Directly reporting to the Building Services Director and Services Engineering Director, you will work alongside all disciplines within construction, developing and maintaining digital engineering best practice and training relevant to the UK wide M&E Business.
About the role
• Develop and deliver digital strategies that align with business and wider industry standard strategies.
• Align digital strategy with CIBSE and the Engineering Council UK requirements.
• Set strategies for managing the delivery of Digital Engineering and compliance with the UK BIM strategies.
• Set strategies for managing the implementation of project specific protocols and execution plans.
• Develop and improve our use of data capture through cost planning, engineering, QA, commissioning and resource planning.
• Develop and maintain Revit MEP standardization, Asset data for MEP items and Product Data Templates.
• Understand Navisworks / BIM360Glue-Field Environments.
• Collaborate with Regional Building Information Models [BIM] teams to create BEP’s for new projects.
• Attend client meetings to develop the EIR’s that will inform the BEP.
• Create protocols for coordinating and distributing BIM to the wider team, including Supply Chain Client team and Facilities Management.
• Organise all required Training and Third Party Software Demonstrations including assessing and responding to specific requirements of project teams.
• Understand and respond to Client Information Requirements, including engaging with Project delivery teams to encourage collaboration from early design stage to final handover.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Background knowledge of Third party software and Revit Add-Ins for increased productivity, Dynamo, BIM Link etc. and in-depth knowledge of the Construction industry.
• Understanding of Government BIM Level 2 mandate and the associated documents to deliver to BIM Level 2, including the delivery of Cobie Data and IFC models as well as of BIM Authoring Software, Design Coordination Software, Information Management Systems and Electronic Document Management Systems.
• Passionate about exploring, learning and using new technology and software.
• Good communication and influencing skills – verbal and written, and comfortable in communicating with all levels of management.
• Good IT skills – Word, Excel and Outlook essential.
• Willing and able to travel extensively around the UK.
For more information, or to apply, please call Nicola on 0161 457 2380, for forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call me Back
Email me jobs like this