Design Manager – Portsmouth
£60,000-£65,000 plus Car Allowance, Bonus and Package.
I am recruiting for a Design Manager for an award winning contractor to work alongside a Senior Design Manager based on a development of 200 houses.
Their vast portfolio covers a variety of unit types which they hope to narrow down.
They have a dynamic innovative approach to construction where they pride themselves on its performance and projects delivered; they put design at the heart of the construction process and it takes precedent.
They value the relationship they have with its workers and place a large emphasise on treating its employees with respect and encourages professional development.
The pride themselves on:
- Investing heavily in staff training & development.
- Winning reputable awards.
- Maintaining long standing relationships with their clients.
Project: Consisting of 200 houses, traditional build, 2-5 bedrooms.
- Responsible and accountable for the setting of Design Team programmes and monitoring of these to ensure the timely delivery of Design Team deliverables.
- Ensuring that staff reporting to you meets the required standards.
- Maintain an overview of the architectural design on developments which you are assigned.
- Ensure that the design complies with the Division's standards.
- Promote design that respects budgetary constraints.
- To technically design and manage schemes ensuring that the maximum revenue is generated by the quality, cost effectiveness and build ability of the design.
- Responsible for ensuring that staff reporting to you uphold the company’s values and meet the required standards to deliver the programme.
- It will be your responsibility to ensure that you and your team respond to company and departmental objectives and deliver them to company standard and timescale.
- Directly manage Technical Managers, Technical Coordinators, Technical Administrators and Document Controllers.
The ideal candidate:
- Proven experience working in a Technical Management role, ideally with a recognised developer.
- Passionate about construction, house building and customer service.
- Experienced in project and process management.
- Highly organised, logically minded and take a well-structured approach to your workload.
- Ideally you will have a strong focus on providing solutions & resolving problems.
- Experience in AutoCAD software / Asta would be advantageous but not essential.
- Qualified in Architecture / Engineering / Construction.
If you feel you possess the required skills, knowledge and experience, then please send your CV to email@example.com, or alternatively apply through the portal.