Meath, Co. Meath, Ireland
COMPETITION TIME!! To celebrate O’Neill & Brennan launching their Construction Jobs Mobile App on August 1st, we are giving away an iPad 2! To enter, all you need to do is click on the link below and support the launch. The winner will be selected at random on August 1st at 1pm and will be announced on social media. Enter the Competition Here.
Our client operates across Ireland and the UK, with expertise on a wide range of projects, including Commercial, Retail, Industrial, Healthcare, Education, Leisure, Residential – New Build, Refurbishment, Fit Out and Design and Build. They are now seeking a Chief Estimator to join their team. This is a permanent role based in Co Meath.
Primary Responsibilities as a Chief Estimator
- Manage all aspects of the tendering process
- Oversee Assistant Estimators to ensure tenders are being processed and issued in a timely fashion in line with tender restraints
- Break down tenders and issue to supply chain to tender
- Collate and analyse returned tenders to ensure a compliant tender is achieved
- Prepare and present cost/risk analysis
- Manage all aspects of tender including technical and financial assessments
- Liaise with senior construction person regarding construction methodologies and program
- Chair project preliminaries and tender finalisation with Senior Management
- Operate specialised costing database and produce new records/costs
- Establish a panel of domestic sub-contractors and ensure best value is achieved regarding all elements
- Auditing and reporting on sub-contractor/suppliers’ returns
As a Chief Estimator you will have
- 7-10 years Estimating experience working in a similar role with a Main Contractor on commercial building contracts.
- A knowledge of GCCC and RIAI contracts beneficial
- 3rd Level Construction/Building qualification
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand and organise construction plans and specifications
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently while exercising great judgment
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritise and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
Please send your cv to Conor at email@example.com or call 01 456 9899 for a confidential conversation.