The job’s role is direct, coordinate and control the activities of workers engaged in production to ensure that the production schedule is completed and that the product as delivered meets or exceeds the customers’ expectations in terms of time, cost and specification and by exceeding their expectations, to strengthen PFS’ relationships with them.
The key responsibilities include:
- • Health & Safety o Ensure all persons’ health and safety in and around the factory in accordance with the company’s Health & Saftey Policy and RAMS
- o Lead regular health and safety ‘review and improve’ meetings
- • Manage work in the factory o Represent the factory and warehouse at Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings.
- o From production schedule, direct, coordinate and control the activities in and around the factory and warehouse. ? Coordinate inventory and special order management with those responsible in the office? Direct activity in the warehouse to meet production schedules.
- o Estimate staffing, work station assignments and inventory requirements and communicate these to those responsible in the office.
- o Maintain Goods Inward, stock and Goods Outward records.
- o Maintain time and production records.
- o Adjust rosters in response to unplanned absences
- o Approve planned absences (sickness, holidays, et cetera) and adjust rosters accordingly
- o Respond to grievances in accordance with company policy and work with subordinates and management to discuss and eliminate problems.
- o Impose discipline in accordance with company policy. ? Arrange staff inductions and training
- ? Interpret company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- o Productivity ? Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Establish and/or adjust work procedures to achieve improvements.
- ? Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- o Maintaining factory staff’s necessary accreditations and certifications including, for example, Manual Handling and Forklift Licences.
- o Ensure that the compnay’s Planned Maintenance Programme is fully executed; conduct ongoing reviews of the effectiveness of the programme.
- • Manage workers
- • Additional Responsibilities:
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- • Health and Safety in and around the factory.
- • Factory’s Output versus Plan
- • Production rates versus Standards
- • Completion of the Preventative Maintenance schedule within schedule and cost.
- • Adherence to legal regulations.
The company needs an energetic, experience foreman who can drive the changes needed to achieve the productivity gains the factory must make to remain competitive.
5 year’s or more experience as a Foreman in a similar operation in the carpentry, glazing, metalworking sectors that serves (ideally, mainly) the construction industry.
Abilty to plan and manage people to meet the plan are essential requirements. Must be a good communicator and be able to persuade people to cooperate.
Attention to detail and problem-solving aptitude are essential qualities.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Health &Safety Qualification
Health &Safety Qualification is required:
Trade Qualification is required:
- • Cabinet Making
- • Carpentry and Joinery
- • Metal Fabrication
- • Sheet Metalworking
- • Wood Machining
- • Wood Manufacturing and Finishing