Operations Manager (Consturction) - Luton
A reputable and internation construction and facilities firm is seeking an Operations Manager on a New Development in Luton.
The ideal candidate would be client facing, organised, innovative and with experience in management and compliance in a similar role within the Construction industry.
This is a permanent full time position 8am to 5pm Mon - Fri .
Main Purpose of the role:
To effectively, plan, manage and control Projects and Partnerships within department, ensuring in the best interest of the company close adherence to the following; Health and safety, Budgeted expense, Quality, Company policies and procedures, Contract documentation. To be in full control of a number of sites with various Clients in the region, covering all activities from pre-commencement to completion with a dedicated team under your direction.
The role will be key to contributing to the overall management and development of the region within the senior structure. To understand, implement and adhere to the company SHEQ policy/strategy and ensure that all those reporting to you do so.
Main Duties / Accountability:
- Develop trusting relationships
- Attend Framework meetings / support initiatives
- Understand client objectives and aims
- Maintain excellent contact before, during and post contract
- Provide and encourage feedback
- Ensure awareness of the need to adapt to market and Client changes / movement
- Ensure you and your team maintain awareness of processes/ procedures
- Ensure a consistent and robust approach to pre start activities
- Ensure Health and Safety Plans and F10 are in place
- Ensure all Statutory notices and requirements are in place
- Ensure Site teams are fully familiar with Health and Safety plans prior to commencement
- Regularly review Health and Safety performance on site and ensure implementation of the company Health and Safety procedures is on going
- Ensure all staff have skills and understanding to fulfil H&S requirements, identify training where required
- Ensure compilation of H&S file and timely issue
- Ensure provision of documentation H&S, Environmental, Waste Management
- Ensure a robust process for archiving H&S documentation
- Attend site visits and contribute to bid strategy
- Complete resource requirements
- Work with Planner to understand programme and logistics
- Look for innovative solutions to maximise opportunities to win bid
- Attend Interviews and Clarification meetings
- Take overall responsibility for pre contract requirements
- Ensure an achievable programme and Preliminary budgets is produced
- Ensure the team produce an achievable procurement schedule
- Adhere to a robust pre start process
- Regular communication with Client and Professional parties
- Control consultants
- Lead the team and ensure they are committed to achieving targets set
- Develop and maintain at all times a standard approach to site establishments maximising image and branding
- Hold meetings with senior member of your team to ensure capacity and correct allocation of staff
- Ensure team closely monitor and control programme and prelims
- Understand when formal notices need to be issued
- Ensure a proactive approach to quality minimising the risk of latent defects
- Work with Commercial team to ensure warranties are in place and Design risks are passed on
- Lead all involved in the production team and encourage a team working environment with mutual respect and a willingness for all to help each other to succeed
- Work with commercial teams and colleagues to assist in ensuring commercial reporting to board is produced on time and has construction team input
- Encourage construction team support for regular Project team reviews, such as H&S, Profit Improvement, Contribution meetings.
- Encourage a robust approach to archiving and document control
- Encourage a proactive culture and awareness by all team members of critical issues in all areas, such as: Progress reporting, Labour, H&S, KPI'S, Quality, Financial, Reporting, Plant, Clients, Materials, Sub Contractors, Stats, Communication, Training.
- Ensure your team have a robust approach to overseeing a quality handover process
- Provide continuity to attend site post contract
- Review projects post contract
- Ensure Client Satisfaction surveys are carried out
- Understand and ensure your teams compliance with implementing Client processes on site
- Understand and ensure your team have the ability to achieve KPI'S
- Prepare the team to achieve their goals following performance reviews.
Bold, Open, Caring and Demanding.
- Industry accreditation / Qualifications
- Relevant experience
Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent communicator
- Management experience
- Strong organisational skills
- Good Commercial awareness
- Track record of delivering Results
- Delighting Customers
- Client relationships
- Planning and organising
- Health and safety standards
Salary: £100k+ pa
Would all experienced Construction Operations Managers interested in the position please submit an application for consideration. Or send a CV directly to email@example.com