Job Title Multi-skilled Mechanical Engineer
Location of Role Milton Keynes
Reports to Site Manager
Hours of work 08:00hrs – 17:00hrs 5 Days a week, Monday to Friday
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To carry out planned preventative maintenance and reactive repairs to a site in Milton Keynes. These include the sites lighting, power, barriers, floor boxes, electrical distribution systems, control panels, split air conditioning units, chillers, air handling units, boilers, hot water generators, pumps, compressed air systems, building management system and all other M&E associated building plant, equipment and systems in accordance with agreed service levels, and respond to site engineering emergencies.
- Attend team meetings to review performance.
- To undertake small installation works, in an efficient and courteous manner, with a strong focus on customer care.
- To demonstrate the behaviours and cultural values that are the foundation of the type of service quality we wish to embrace within the Company and Client
- To co-operate with the shift Rosta and work shift patterns as dictated by the business needs.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
- Ensure that reactive repairs are carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
- Respond to Building Management System alarms, repair/fix systems equipment and effect emergency repairs as needed.
- Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems.
- Ensure that domestic water systems are maintained to comply with the requirements of the L8 standard.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory certification of building equipment is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of “TABS” task sheets or the correct use of iPads / mobile devices.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are read and understood prior to any work being undertaken.
- Carry out point of work risk assessments as and when required.
- Comply with all elements of the Company and Client Health and Safety Policy are adhered to throughout the building and external locations.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of client team, company operations team and other customers.
- Ensure a professional image of Company and Client is presented to clients and visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
- Ensure all works are documented and a full audit trail is available for your work activity including test certificates, PPM records, reactive requests, KPI reports, date & times and log books.
- Undertake reviews in partnership with the technical & site managers.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Proven ability to work in a successfully in a fast paced, highly dynamic and constantly demanding environment.
- Experience of fault finding and maintaining A/C systems.
- Experience of fault finding and maintaining control panels
- Experience of working in a warehouse/ logistics & office environment
- Working to Planned Preventative Maintenance Regimes
- Fault finding on electrical circuits and A/C systems
- Up to date skills on building management systems, ACOP’S (Approved Codes of Practice), fire and environmental controls, building control and Health & Safety
- Formal health and safety training
- Qualifications relevant to the tasks that are issued and to be undertaken.
- Three to five years of experience within a maintenance environment.
- Fork lift truck license
Highly professional, well presented, articulate and confident personality.
Enthusiastic, self-driven, highly motivated individual with a can-do attitude.
Good communication and presentation skills.
Organised and with good written English skills.
Ability to learn, and develop both technical knowledge, and understanding or local organisational systems and process.
Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg.
Able to ascend and descend vertical access equipment.
Able to work at heights and on roofs.
Able to attend the site location within one hour of notification where ever practicable, to participate in out-of-hours rostered stand-by and call-out procedures if required.
Able to work a flexible shift pattern as dictated by business needs
Conscientious and loyal as well as open to demands of high-profile business.
Flexible and adaptable to change.
Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
Calm manner, able to work under pressure.
Able to make sound decisions when needed.
A team player, able to work with Company and Client's staff of all levels.
- Reporting to the Site Manager.
- Working collaboratively as part of the team.
- This post carries no direct budgetary responsibility.