Mechanical Commissioning Engineer – (Critical Environment)
We presently have an opportunity for a Commissioning Engineer (Mechanical) who will be based in our London office.
The role of our commissioning engineers is to see that building services systems will be, are or have been put to work properly and in accordance with relevant requirements.
- To see that our commitments to our clients are delivered on time to requisite levels of detail and quality
- Managing the commissioning process
- Validating the commissioning process and seeing that results obtained align with requirements
- Inspecting existing systems to determine how they perform
- Providing consultative advice in determining commissioning and performance requirements, commissioning strategies, programmes, scopes of work and the like.
- Carrying out measurements, surveys and other technical inspections
Additionally, at all times:
- Engaging with other members of the Company to help improve existing systems and procedures
- Talking the role of Champion in an area of specific technical interest
- To promote the company and the wider group through marketing activities
Candidates will be experienced building services engineers with a particular interest and/or skill set in commissioning within a critical environment such as Data Centre or Financial institution with high levels of operational resilience.
Candidates will be expected to have a high level of technical competence in one or more of the following areas:
- Control engineering
- Fire engineering
- HV distribution
- HVAC balancing
- LV distribution
- Stand-by power
Professional qualifications are a benefit but not a prerequisite. Experience (technical and managerial), tact, diplomacy and good organisational skills are considered essential.
Candidates will ideally be of a high standard, and able to work unaided in the following environments:
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project or Asta Power Project
- To act safely at all times in compliance with the Company’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- To work diligently, efficiently and professionally at all times.
- To ensure technical compliance and high quality production of our deliverables.
- To work closely as part of a main contractor’s team in developing commissioning strategies and processes which align fully with project objectives.
- To fully adopt the Company’s project and internal management systems.
- To maintain an acute awareness of project finances and control expenditure thereof.
- To attend meetings as required.
- To prepare both internal and client reports containing technical, commercial and programme aspects.
- To develop project specific commissioning management/validation documents and procedures.
- To comment technically on drawings, manuals and technical submittals.
- To develop project specific method statements, test scripts and the like.
- To be aware and report internally on project scope change.
- To work with other members of a professional team in evaluating progress, difficulties and costs.
- To undertake hands on commissioning work as necessary.
- To look ahead with a view to arranging test instrumentation required for testing.
- To assist in the development of tender submissions.
- To accurately complete time-sheets on a weekly basis.
- To pro-actively support other members of staff in undertaking their work.
Salary is negotiable based on experience
25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays)
Professional Training Programmes
Discretionary Bonus Scheme
Please express your interest by submitting an application or send your CV directly to Omar on email@example.com