M&E Commissioning Manager
A very reputable and established Developer are looking for an experienced Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) Contract Commissioning Managers, for a mixed use development (Commercial, Residential, Retail, Leisure) in Central London to start in April.
The role is site based and project works would commence on site during April 2019 with planned completion in September 2019.
The role would ideally suit someone currently operating on a contract basis.
The ideal candidate will have proven ability in running similar projects with industry experience in this capacity; possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients with leading client organisations and contractors.
- Review commissioning Tech Subs for technical content and contract compliance and organise workshops with Trade Contractors and the Client to expedite sign off
- Produce commissioning plans
- Produce a commissioning programme
- Produce a test and commissioning tracker document
- Produce a schedule of commissioning RAMS (Risk Assessments/Method Statements)
- Review, comment and approve sub-contractors commissioning RAMS
- Organise and attend all equipment factory acceptance testing (FAT)
- Produce reports following FAT visits
- Monitor the equipment tagging process
- Check the ongoing installation for commissioning readiness
- Interface with the Package Manager's on installation matters impacting the commissioning process
- Produce a weekly progress report which will include a drop line of progress against the commissioning programme, dashboard report from test and commission tracker schedule, 4 week look-ahead schedule and a schedule of key issues/observations
- Assist the Contractors in the preparation of commissioning documents
- Attend daily commissioning meetings to drive the time management and resource planning with Consultant and Contractors
- Follow up, and manage through commissioning issues arising and get them closed out to agreed deadlines
- Manage with the Trade Contractors all issues raised by the Client
- Liaise with Consultant and Contractors in a proactive manner to close out commissioning issues arising
- Test witnessing and assisting in dealing with commissioning snags arising
- Ensuring all relevant parties are on site for each commissioning activity
- Ensuring all requisite test equipment is provided for each test.
- Managing labour on site during testing and commissioning activities
- Collating all test documentation for inclusion within the record documentation
- Provide assistance to, and interface with the Technical Author in respect of the O&M Manuals - commissioning testing
- Understanding of equipment tagging systems
- Strong use of Microsoft suite of software
- Ability to produce programmes in Microsoft Project
- Good communication skills with all parties, including client team
- Ability to develop good, positive relationships with all parties involved in the commissioning delivery process
- Proven management and mentoring of people / motivational skills
- Proven management of situations – organisational aspects
- Ability to chair, control and minute regular meetings
- Strong report writing skills
- Good attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Management of a team and the ability to review design drawings, specifications and technical submittals in order to produce a commission-ability reviews, together with client liaison
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
Contract day rate will be commensurate with experience.
The role will ideally suit UK or EU nationals.
Please submit an application or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org