Seeking 2 x Contracts Delivery Supervisors in Leeds for a leading Construction and Facilities Engineering firm.
Assist the Site Manager in the delivery of a high performing, effective and efficient Repairs, Maintenance and Refurbishment Service including the monitoring of a team of Trade Operatives and Sub-Contractors.
Responsible for the supervision of a team of trade operatives and sub-contractors delivering a wide range of Repairs, Maintenance and Refurbishment works. Responsible for the efficient use of resources and ensuring that, job planning, appointments, resource allocation, materials, plant and equipment are effectively utilised and continuously improved in accordance with service delivery targets. The Contract Delivery Supervisor is also responsible for bringing to the attention of the Site Manager any arrangements/proposals that will improve job control, operational performance, relationships with Clients representatives and maximise the utilisation of the Company’s IT system.
The Contract Delivery Supervisor fulfils an important role within the organisation, and ensures that the roles and responsibilities of Trade Operatives (including subcontractors) are adhered to.
The principle responsibility of the Contract Delivery Supervisor is to ensure their operatives and subcontractors deliver the requisite volume of works and that work and materials are effectively planned to ensure delays are not incurred.
The Company has a number of Contract Delivery Supervisors supporting Trade Operatives and Subcontractors and are responsible for all activities undertaken by their Trade Operatives and Subcontractors. The Contract Delivery Supervisor will work closely with other members of the team to ensure work is executed in a safe manner and to the highest possible standards.
The Contract Delivery Supervisor will promote team work at all times, with commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective customer focused service.
The Contract Delivery Supervisor will deputise for the Site Manager in their absence and will ensure performance targets and customer satisfaction is maintained and achieved in their absence.
The key objectives of the Contract Delivery Supervisor include:
- Providing support, mentoring and continual guidance for the team, reporting back to the Site Manager where needed.
- Ensure all activities meet with requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care – Seeking further advise where appropriate
- Undertake appraisals to capture the development needs of each individual, with a focus on succession planning.
- To either mobilise or provide absence cover in accordance with your Job role and position within the organisation.
- Ensure the Site Manager is notified of any underperforming employees within the team so where applicable they can be coached/mentored/disciplined as required in order to achieve desired standards, appropriate time keeping, productivity and compliance with the Company’s values and employee handbook.
- Recommend necessary changes to improve performance based on analysis of weekly/daily Key Performance Indicator statistics.
- Maintain minimum resource levels to achieve internal commercial and safety targets without compromising customer requirements
- Escalate any issue of concern/potential concern to the Site Manager as required to ensure a pro-active approach is maintained and service delivery is not impacted.
- Lead, motivate and direct your teams on all work streams to ensure high working standards.
- To ensure daily that the contract is delivered to the specific contractual requirements.
- Maintain high levels of Health and Safety on site at all times.
- Ensure a high number of daily inspections are completed on Trade Operatives / nominated sub-contractors.
- To liaise with other members of the team to implement the most efficient and cost effective daily plan for operatives to deliver.
- Take responsibility and liaise with management to resolve any disparity in KPI results (internal performance V’s external). Recommend necessary changes to improve performance based on analysis of weekly/daily Key Performance Indicator statistics.
- Work with the wider team to aid future decision making and possible improvements to service levels
- Adhere to agreed works planning and scheduling processes to achieve desired results
- Carry out frequent audits on materials used/booked out against work executed
- Carry out regular checks on plant in use on your contracts
- Take ownership for the swift and effective resolution of customer complaints - escalating issues to the Site Manager where appropriate.
- Ensure all trade operatives and employees are wearing official Company uniform and are well presented on a daily basis
- Ensure all vehicles are clean/tidy and correct stock levels are maintained
- Undertake training with engineers when instructed i.e. tool box talks, Company updates etc.
- Liaise with other Supervisors / Managers to effectively resolve any cross managerial issues within the contract.
- Ensure all works/requested information i.e. photographs, follow-ons, material requirements allocated to engineers through the Company’s IT system are correctly carried out and reported back to the office.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by your Line Manager from time to time and commensurate with your role.
- To adhere to all Company values, policies and procedures.
- To supervise the operatives and subcontract resources allocated in the team
- To manage holidays/sickness as per Company policies
- To ensure appraisals and targets are up to date
- To work collaboratively with the client, the customers and all stakeholders on a daily basis
- To provide cover to other members of the team where required
- To monitor and track progress of works and closing down of orders.
- To assist with disciplinary action when required
- To ensure the timeliness of subcontract and direct trades reporting
- To effectively and proactively assist in supporting the team to achieve KPI’s
- To ensure effective management of the Company’s IT System, monitoring and keeping on top of workflow actions
- To take responsibility and ownership of KPI’s to reflect actual performance of the team
- To develop and maintain effective and positive client relationships.
- To manage Health and Safety in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- To promote training and development of employees to maximise their effectiveness.
- To manage out of hours calls in the event of an incident and attend meetings where required.
- The Contract Delivery Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the day to day supervision of operations on site are carried out in accordance with Company Policy and Procedure.
The Contract Delivery Supervisor will be required to resolve technical issues on a day to day basis on site, liaising with the supply chain and subcontractors and other partners including architects and clients. The Contract Delivery Supervisor will liaise with the Site Manager to understand their contribution to the Company’s contractual obligations to ensure that the Company is adequately protected, fulfils its contractual requirements and identifies opportunities to increase its performance. The Contract Delivery Supervisor will need to be able to read and interpret basic drawings and details and explain these to the delivery team.
The Contract Delivery Supervisor will refer any complex communication, contractual or technical issues to the Site Manager or alternatively the Contracts Manager.
- Ordinary National Certificate in Building Studies (GNVQ) or equivalent experience
- Scaffold Inspection
- First Aid at Work
- Gas Safety Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness
- Safe Working at Height
- CSCS Card
- City and Guilds Trade qualification if applicable (Desirable)
- Microsoft Office or other relevant IT related qualification (Desirable)
- Current valid driving license
- Experience of Refurbishment contracts and relevant knowledge of building legislation and building and construction projects
- ICT skills
- People management skills
- Experience of managing specialist sub-contract supply chains
- Excellent understanding and adherence to SHEQ practices
- Up to date relevant knowledge and experience of Health and Safety legislation
- Good understanding and appreciation of effective customer care
- Excellent standard of record keeping and administration
- Ability to manage conflict
- Ability to adapt communication style to match needs of others
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Flexible & adaptable
- Ability to promote integrity and trust with the site time and supply chain
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- Engaging and collaborative to achieve customer care
- Awareness of Equality and Diversity
If you are a Contracts Supervisor in the Facilities Management/ Refurb industry and would like to join a leading Engineering and construction firm; please submit an application or send your CV directly to email@example.com