£50,000 - £75,000 per annum
My Client who is a main contractor is recruiting a Pre-Construction Manager, to be based in the London region of their construction business.
Reporting to the Pre-Construction Director, you will be responsible for managing the bid process and post selection project development on a range of construction projects within the region. This will include inputting into the pre-qualification, tender and negotiation stages. You will develop bid win strategies, managing risks and opportunities. You will work with clients, consultants, the supply chain and the internal team to achieve this.
• Leading the pre-construction team on single or multiple tenders.
• Reviewing information received and developing the bid strategy.
• Inputting in to the resource schedule for the bid.
• Inputting in to the tender delivery programme and monitoring progress.
• Leading internal and external tender meetings including client engagement.
• Visiting the site of the proposed project to assess all construction related items, including any constraints that may affect the build process.
• Meeting with the client and / or designers to better understand any constraints on the project.
• Engaging the client, designers, and supply chain when developing our tender and post selection proposals.
• Developing the construction methodology and logistic diagrams with the proposed Project Manager.
• Working closely with the Project Planner, Design Manager and surveyor in developing the master programme so it aligns with the BAM and client requirements.
• Working closely with estimators and quantity surveyors to develop the commercial strategy at tender and post selection stages.
• Managing the Risks and Opportunities with the project team in line with best practice.
• Leading the bid settlement meetings and ensuring all bid documentation is readily available.
• Preparing the presentation slides for the post tender interview and supporting the interview team.
• Fully communicating the bid and construction methodology aspects to the project delivery team at the construction phase project launch.
• Managing the second stage of the tender process until contract award.
• Visiting live construction sites to understand the performance of projects to inform future tenders.
Who are we looking for?
• Good understanding of how to positively influence health and safety during tenders.
• Excellent communication skills with our clients and consultants and the ability to align our offer and add value to their projects.
• Ability to gain the confidence of all parties involved in the bid and project delivery team.
• Confidence to challenge proposals including construction Methodology / sequence, programmes, design solutions and commercial strategies.
• Strong project / construction management skills.
• Strong analytical, organisational, commercial, verbal and written communication skills.
• Good written communication skills and willingness to develop bid writing skills for quality tender submissions.
• Good knowledge and ability in MS Office programmes including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• Strong presentation skills.
• A degree qualification or equivalent and CIOB or equivalent.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
My client operates a flexible working policy.
If this job is of interest to you, or anyone you know, please feel free to reach out on the contact details below.
Call me Back
Email me jobs like this
Vacancy: Quantity Surveyor Location: Acton, London Rate: £300 - £350 per day (cis) I am currently resourcing for ...