About the Company:
Based in Shrewsbury my client support property developers, architects, planning consultants, insurance providers, lawyers, local authorities and infrastructure owners in managing the impact of future risks to the environment, specifically climate change, on existing land and water.
The client provides a broad range of environmental reports to support sustainable development together with a range of data products and innovative subscription services in areas of groundwater flood risk and sustainable drainage systems.
About the Drainage Engineer Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Drainage Engineer to provide our client with Drainage and Flood Risk Services. The position is based at their Shrewsbury office with work predominantly based in the Planning & Development service. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Planning.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to develop the service within the business, eventually leading a team in this specialism.
Drainage Engineer Requirements:
Expertise in the following core skills is expected:
- Outline and detail drainage designs (surface water and foul water) for various types and scales of developments
- Consultations with various authorities (e.g. EA, local councils, sewerage undertakers),
- Site walkovers/ assessments;
- Interpretation of geo-technical reports for drainage designs;
- ArcGIS and AutoCAD applications
- Flood Risk Assessments
- Educated to degree level
- Have previous experience in the same sector
- Be working toward or have chartered status with a relevant professional body.
Drainage Engineer Benefits:
- Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Permanent role
- Training: All necessary training will be provided
- Company pension
- Interesting projects
- Availability to work from home