O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for an experienced MEP Manager on behalf of our Client, an International Construction Company.
This is a Co. Kerry based position.
MEP Manager responsibilities:
- Support / Take Responsibility for the management, integration, and delivery of Building Services systems into projects with minimum supervision.
- Support / Ensure the company Building Services Management Systems & Procedures are reviewed and implemented for the project.
- Assist the Estimating Department in MEP tender process including commercial and technical evaluation of bids on MEP projects when required.
- Support / manage the procurement of MEP packages and associated contract documentation towards appointment.
- Support and Assist / Procure and Manage the Site Temporary Electrical package requirements for the project with consideration also to energy efficiency.
- Support the finalising of Building Services Installation and Commissioning programmes to integrate with the main Construction Programme.
- Liaise with the Utility companies to ensure their infrastructural and interface requirements are understood, communicated, and adhered to.
- Ensure the MEP co-ordinated and Builders works drawings are prepared, issued, and approved ahead of the programmed start on site dates.
- Support / Ensure the tracking of equipment and plant through each stage from submittal approvals through to samples and mock ups / ordering / FAT’s / delivery and quality checking is carefully managed.
- Monitor the progress of Building Services installation and commissioning works on site against the planned progress requirement of the programme.
- Support / Ensure formal snagging, quality walk downs and associated inspection and sign off the Building Services Installation is taking place in line with the programme.
- Support / Oversee the preparation, issue, and approval of method statements for MEP related matters by the Services Contractors.
- Support / Oversee the development of site-specific Inspection, Test, Commissioning and Handover Plans” with the MEP Contractors.
- Liaise and interface as necessary with the appointed Assigned Assessor for the project in relation to MEP services.
- Ensure that the “Notification of Readiness Procedure” has been utilised in relation to Making Safe MEP Services prior to Builders Works where relevant.
- Attend and witness on site testing and commissioning demonstrations.
- Support the progressive assembly and approval of the Safety File.
- Support preparation and countdown to Soft Landings
MEP Manager requires:
- Degree in Building Services, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Membership of an industry related Professional institution such as CIBSE /CIOB / IEI or equivalent
- IOSH or equivalent H&S Management Training
- Planning and Programming
- BIM Fundamentals
- Work experience of typically 3-4 years + post qualification.
- Technical Competence through operational involvement in all phases of projects from Estimating, Pre-Construction, installation, Commissioning, Demonstration and Handover.
- Can demonstrate technical and commercial skills necessary to support the management of building services projects on time, on budget and to the project design/quality deliverables.
- Effective interpersonal skills working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Understanding of health and safety policies and practices and have positive safety values and behaviours.
- Experience in implementing quality management systems, inspections, test commissioning and handover plans.
- Drive and initiative to identify and follow through on tasks required to help deliver the project.
- Strong organisational skills to be able to take a methodical and proactive approach in their working.
- Actively seek ways to pass on and share knowledge with others and where possible can carry out the role of a mentor to help more junior staff achieve their objectives.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Lorcan on 087 920 0905 for a confidential conversation.