O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor for our client, a leading tier 1 main contractor with various ongoing projects.
This is a Dublin based role, and the successful candidate must have a relevant experience in a Quantity Surveying role.
Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Communicate, liaise and report to senior management.
- Prepare Bill of Quantities/Schedule of Rates.
- Client liaison and relationship management.
- Overseeing commercial systems, reporting process account submission necessary for commercial site meetings etc.
- Management of financial recovery of all entitlements.
- Proactive measures for contract resolution / dispute management.
- Overseeing claim preparation/submission/negotiation.
- Prepare and organise payments for all subcontractors and suppliers.
- Contract opportunity identification.
- Personal commitment to the role / commitment to the company and personal career goals.
- Team leadership and management.
- Mentoring and organisation of training for team members.
- Instigation and control of standard commercial procedures.
- Liaison with legal advisors where necessary.
- Involvement in the ongoing recruitment of graduate staff.
- Liaison with the educational institutes.
- Representation of the company at this level in possible recruitment drive.
- Ability to own contract costs and value recovery.
Quantity Surveyor Requirements:
- Relevant third level qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- At least 5+ years continuous experience within a medium to large main contractor / general contracting company undertaking a mixed array of projects.
- Strong measurement, subcontractor procurement and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills and have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Abilities to work well with Customers, design team members and site-based work colleagues and to build strong working relationships.
- Experience in cost control and valuation preparation.
- Good communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent IT skills and have working knowledge of Buildsoft, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Project experience.
- Full clean Irish driver’s license.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Clodagh on 087 7978585 for a confidential conversation.