O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for an Estimator/Quantity Surveyor on behalf of Our Client, a well-established company, with a diverse project portfolio of small – medium sized building projects including residential, hospitality, industrial and commercial builds.
This permanent role is based in Galway.
The duties for an Estimator/Quantity Surveyor include:
- Take responsibility for the estimating/QS department and assist in growing it.
- To look after post-tender and pre-contract activities and assist with identifying and preparing commercial targets for the projects.
- Looking after the sourcing and appointment of sub-contractors, attending planning meetings, documentation, and schedules, dealing with applications, variation schedules, measurement, accounting and payments schedules and all contractual correspondence through to final accounts.
- Develop project valuations and progress reports.
- Reporting to senior management on progression of projects.
- Involvement in cost plans, tracking labour costs and efficiency throughout projects.
- Maintain and control project profitability through high standard cost reporting.
- Evolve procurement standards and procedure.
- Ensure timely completion of estimates.
- Help manage bid pricing and prepare cost analysis.
Estimator/Quantity Surveyor Requirements:
- Third level Construction related qualification.
- Minimum 3+ years’ post third level construction experience with a main contractor.
- Previous experience within a similar role based in Ireland or the UK.
- Strong IT skills using Excel, Build soft, Cubit and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Excellent communication, written, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Organized and good presentation of work and the ability to multitask in an evolving environment.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lorcan on 087 920 0905 for a confidential conversation.